Grace Catan

Grace Catan

by Grace Catan -
Number of replies: 0

First, I'd recommend that they try searching the broad catalog using simplified search terms (covid gender pay gap, covid gender inequality), but to check off "peer-reviewed journals" in the advanced filters. Another option is to look into our research guides for more specific databases, though their topic seems interdisciplinary enough that the general catalog might be more effective. 

Sources I found: 

- Farré, Lídia, Yarine Fawaz, Libertad González, and Jennifer Graves. “Gender Inequality in Paid and Unpaid Work During Covid‐19 Times.” The Review of income and wealth 68, no. 2 (2022): 323–347.

- Bendezú, Anibal Romero, Luis Alberto Núñez Lira, Danny Retamozo Riojas, and Nancy Barazorda Puga. “Gender Pay Equity In Times Of Pandemic COVID-19: A Systematic Literature Review.” International Journal of Professional Business Review 8, no. 1 (2023): e0937-.

- Fairlie, Robert W., Kenneth. Couch, and Huanan. Xu. The Evolving Impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Gender Inequality in the U.S. Labor Market: The COVID Motherhood Penalty. Cambridge, Mass: National Bureau of Economic Research, 2021.

Considering the amount of global literature I found, I might in the future be sure to ask whether they are looking for US-specific material or want to look at global/international contexts and research as well.